Sunday, October 19, 2014

september snapshots


I do have to remember that the purpose of this blog is not simply for my (procrastinating) pleasure, but also for the sake of my memories. It is, after all, recording my senior year.

To be fair, I didn't do much in September other than study and freak the hell out about everything. But there were always those little spaces of time when I managed to eat some food and talk to a few friends, and those moments made the crazy month worth it.

Be warned; there are many food pictures.


1.) Midnight fries are the best fries. Taken on the night after submitting my Questbridge application, hooray.


2.) Cheap Thrifty ice cream from Rite-Aid. Mine was one of the chocolate chips, although I regret not getting mint chocolate chip instead. Would have been aesthetically prettier too.


3.) I watched one movie in theaters in September, and it was the blockbuster (Korean) hit Myeong Nyang (Or The Admiral: Roaring Currents) in LA's CGV theater, which uniquely shows Korean films. The title refers to a historic battle by one of the most celebrated Korean military officers, Admiral Lee Soon-Shin. He defeated 300 Japanese ships with a meager fleet of 12, making his victory almost impossible, yet completely legendary.


4.) Our local mall has a Shave-It, which is basically just flavored shaved ice topped with ice cream. It's a strange combination, but apparently delicious, and I tried it for the first time. Mine is the orange one - I was chicken and I forgoed the ice cream. But my friends' were delicious.


5.) I went to a place called The Tea Gardens, where the tea was good and the prices astronomical. I did love the pastries that lined the windows oh-so-prettily.


6.) We ordered a tropical, fruity tea that had a ridiculously long name that I immediately forgot. I prefer black teas, but the citrus flavor was pleasantly unexpected.


7.) We were technically there for lunch but I got the breakfast menu anyways. Eggs Benedict on toasted English muffins hollandaise sauce and a basil flavored hash brown. Yum.


8.) And the pastries! Oh the pastries! Strawberry shortcake, glazed almond cheesecake, and a butterscotch cake that were adorably miniature sized. If only the prices weren't so high (for a poor student), I'd go back just for the pastries. 




And finally, a playlist! Here are all the songs I've been enjoying since September. It's a mix of both Korean and English songs, but I hope you enjoy it regardless of what language you speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment